Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Grow Bonsai
Bonsai growers are different. They belong to a different circle, set apart from your average gardener or plant fan. They are enthusiasts with patience. They hone their skills with determination and they have a lingo all their own.
If you find yourself fascinated with bonsai but are still on the fence, here are the top 5 reasons why you should grow bonsai:
- An opportunity to design a living work of art Growing bonsai is more than just having a green thumb and knowing which soil goes with what species. It can actually be an artistic endeavor. Here’s why: if you don’t have a sense of aesthetics, you could get the best plant species to turn into bonsai but you’ll just be wasting them because you can’t maximize their potential for beauty.It takes a certain artistic bent to create bonsai. If people tell you it’s as simple as planting a shrub, think again because it’s so much more than that.
- Bonsai is relaxingThe whole process of growing bonsai requires a zen-like state of mind. Don’t believe me? Try trimming your shrubbery when you’re upset or annoyed and you’ll see what I mean. Pruning, trimming, repotting, watering – these are simple, regular processes used with most plants but with bonsai, they are taken to a higher level.Bonsai plants actually help calm down their grower because the simple act of trimming the plant requires a relaxed, happy soul and bonsai will not settle for anything less.
- Growing bonsai will test your patiencePeople say that patience is a virtue and it is absolutely true with bonsai. Growing it is a test of persistence and if you haven’t got it, better get a new hobby.
- A chance to watch something grow old with you.Bonsai isn’t a plant you can trifle with. Once you choose to grow bonsai, you are expected to be in it for the long haul. Bonsai can grow to be your age and many prized plants have grown to be more than a hundred and continue to become sturdier, healthier and more beautiful as the years pass.Growing bonsai gives you a chance to create a lasting memento of your passion. It may, in fact become one of the best legacies you can leave to your children and your grandchildren.
- Growing bonsai make aesthetic sense
Bonsai is attractive, period. People grow them, gravitate towards them, admire them because they are beautiful living works of art.
So if you feel yourself drawn to bonsai, go with it. It will be rewarding.